Tuesday 2 October 2012

Que Sera Sera

What will be, will be... It appears this is the mantra I am living my life by at the moment. One more interesting and unexpected day to add to the books! Once again ready for my bed by eight this evening through sheer exhaustion and probably a heavy dose of fresher’s flu and conjunctivitis - don't you just love being at Uni?? Although my previous statement is so hard to live by when you have just bought yourself and new eye liner and lovely new Clinique mascara, only to be told by a rather sweet chemist that I will actually need to throw it out and buy some more new makeup. Now the prospect of make-up shopping is enough to make any girly girl's day, however when that girly girl is a student and has not budgeted for being ill or her mascara lasting all of almost two weeks (because FYI the 'spiders as eyelashes' look is just awful) she will invariably have a strop all the way from the over sized Asda to her halls. Not gonna lie... the prospect of not being allowed to wear any eye make-up for the next five days makes me not want to get out of bed in the morning - thank goodness for my vintage (or they could be retro - I must confer with Plumskie, my resident studying-for-a-history-of-fashion-degree friend) Raybans!
Okay, horror of horrors! I have left said Raybans back in sunny Sevenoaks. Whilst i may still have some oversized 'bug' sunglasses, it's just not the same! I want to cover up my gammy eye in style!
On the upside I had a wonderful lunch with mumma R and JM :) Seriously amazing fish and chips (totally complimented by the Lemsip. Not.) and its two days until the wonderful J-stone comes to visit! But for now I am falling asleep on my keyboard. Again.
S

2 comments:

  1. Just remember who those Ray Bans really belong to when you are rich and famous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wonderful Dadda R who is making sure I am fed wonderful *completely and utterly unafordable for a student* food when I come home :D
    S

    ReplyDelete